Friday, February 7, 2014

Drugstore Makeup: e.l.f.

If you are wanting to branch out and try new makeup, but don't want to spend a bunch of money, e.l.f. has got you covered!  I have tried a ton of their products over the years to practice different techniques before dropping a bunch of money on a high-end brand.  These are some of the items I have used and STILL use today.  

e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner

The Daily Brush Cleaner is a great product to disinfect your brushes for only $3!  After applying my makeup, I give my brushes a spritz and wipe them off on a towel.  I keep a white towel on my vanity, but you could even use a paper towel or tissue.  And don't be intimidated by the "Daily" part.  I am so guilty of not doing this everyday!  Just keepin' it real.
e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder


When I first started learning about contouring, this is the product that I used!  I tried it out because many people were saying that it was a dupe for Nars, and for $3 I couldn't pass it up.  This Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder comes in sturdy packaging and includes a mirror.  The blush is a peachy pink and the bronzer is a nice medium brown.  


e.l.f. Essential Eyelash & Brow Wand

There isn't much to say about the Professional Eyelash & Brow Wand other than I use it every day and it's only $1!
e.l.f. Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush


I have this Concealer Pencil & Brush and it is perfect to keep in your purse for touchups!  The formula contains salicylic acid and tea tree oil to help treat acne while concealing.  There is also a brush on one end to help blend it in.  Also $3.
e.l.f. Essential 5-Piece Shimmer Eyeliner Set



The Essential 5-pc Shimmer Eyeliner Set is an award-winning and super inexpensive formula!  $1 a piece AND the cap includes a pencil sharpener.  Genius.

I have a whole pile of e.l.f. makeup sitting here that I could continue to share with you, but I think I will save that for another day.  These products are great, especially for beginners!  Let me know in the comments if you try any of these items OR if you have any recommendations.  :) 




xo Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Nice post love. I haven't tried elf's stuff yet but since it's so inexpensive I might give it a shot. I'm trying to .. .eventuallly start a youtube channel and wish you the best of luck for yours!

    Would love to keep in touch via GFC, I'll follow back :)
    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Valentine's Day: Sophisticated and Sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll go check out your blog and sub. :)

      Delete